MOZEO ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
Last Revised: March 14, 2017
We’re in this thing together. The actions individual customers take can have a big impact on our system as a whole. That’s why all Mozeo users must follow this Acceptable Use Policy in their use of Mozeo and any other Mozeo products or add ons. If you violate this policy, we see behavior, content, or other factors that poses a threat to our system, or if messages violate CAN-SPAM or FCC TCPA laws, we will immediately terminate your account.
Nothing personal, but in order to maintain the highest delivery rates possible for all of our customers, we can’t allow businesses that offer these types of services, products, or content:
- Illegal goods or services
- Pornography/sexually explicit content
- Escort and dating services
- Medical or Recreational Marijuana services or products
- Gambling services or products
- List brokers or list rental services
- Selling “Likes” or followers for a social media platform
- Credit repair and get out of debt opportunities
- Loan origination and matching
- Payday loans
- Short-term loans
- Auto loans
- Mortgage loans
- Student loans
- Debt consolidation and reduction
- Investment opportunities
- Credit repair programs
- Tax relief programs
Sending Subject to Additional Scrutiny
We’ve also found that certain types of content may cause higher-than-average abuse rates. In general, opt out rates should be under 3%. For that reason, we may closely review, suspend, throttle, or disable accounts that exceed these rates and/or offer the following services, products, or content:
- Online trading, day trading tips, or stock market related content
- Daily horoscope reports
- Multi-level marketing
- Affiliate marketing
- Work from home, make money online, and lead generation opportunities
- Adult Entertainment/Novelty Items
- Services that support programmatically sending text messages or email on behalf of third parties without creating or reviewing the content
We work hard to maintain the positive reputation of our system, but we count on our customers to pitch in too. You may not:
- Send Spam. Spam can be in the form of bulk text messages and emails or one to one commercial text messages or emails. We define spam as any message that violates CAN SPAM or TCPA laws.
- You must be able to point to an opt-in form or show other evidence of consent.
- Put into your Text Messages or Email or Account any material that wasn’t created by you, provided for you to use, or that would violate anyone’s rights. That includes text, photos, graphics, and other content.
- Use any misleading or incorrect names, addresses, email addresses, subject lines, or other information on the Website or in any Text Messages and Email created or sent using our Service.
- Share your password.
- Decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software on our Website, or in any way used or downloaded from the Website.
- Use any of the software on our Website, or downloaded from the Website, to create a competing product.
- Use an outside unsubscribe process when sending bulk content to a list hosted in Mozeo .
- Set up multiple accounts for any person or entity in order to send similar content, unless you’re part of a franchise or agency.
- Import or incorporate any of this information into any lists, emails or uploads to our servers: Social Security numbers, passwords, security credentials, or sensitive personal information.
- Upload or send to purchased, rented, third-party, co-reg, publicly available data, or partner lists of any kind.
- Send or forward personal mail. Send content created in Mozeo through another service.
- Host images on our servers for any purpose other than for use in your campaigns.
- Host content on our servers for any purpose other than to send text and email campaigns.
- Delete, bulk unsubscribe, or otherwise modify your list in order to avoid tracking.
Spam and Best Practices
As a service provider, we feel it’s our responsibility to be extra vigilant about preventing spam-related abuse. It’s also in our best interest to keep the system clean, because our reputation and deliverability depend on it. For that reason we provide, and may update from time to time, articles outlining sending best practices in our knowledge base. For example, we offer guidelines about list permission and best practices. You may only use Mozeo in accordance with these best practices, and we may suspend or terminate your account if you violate them.